3.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 29

I'm happy to say that after a call to Behr to complain about deck stain peeling after one winter, they reimbursed me the entire cost of staining, plus the $200 it cost me to have someone sand it. I can now hire someone again with that money and restain at my leisure. I was pleased with their response..just not so happy about the stain itself.

Original review posted by user Jun 15

During the very hot 2016 summer, I needed to restain my pool deck.I bought Behr Waterproofing Wood Stain, Terra Cotta color, with 5 years decks guarantee.

I followed all directions to the letter and decking was completely dry before applying. All it took was one winter to show peeling paint. I took several pictures to send to Behr. By fall, I will have to resand the entire deck, a very difficult job at my ripe age of 71.

I will be sending in a formal complaint asking Behr to come and sand this deck for us of all peeling paint that they said would not happen.Do not count on this stain for your decking.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Paint did not last one winter.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Seattle, Washington, United States #1340690

HAHA!They're going to sand it for you!

That's hysterical! This is what you get for falling for the advertising hype.

Behr products are cheap products made to be sold by a discount home improvement warehouse store.What did you expect?

to Anonymous Akron, New York, United States #1340805

In a way you are right, what did I expect. They were rated with Consumer Report as one of the best...but again, you are right...nothing is as it is advertised. Since you seem knowledgeable, why don't you suggest a good deck stain.