Palm Bay, Florida
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

A year ago this past April 2015 I built a six-sided polygon deck from Pressure Treated deck boards. The total size is roughly 300 sq feet. This deck cost about $2500 not including my labor. This past April, 2016, after a year of 'seasoning' of the wood, I cleaned the wood and used Deck Over (textured for the deck and Non-textured for the rails.) We selected Behr since we had good results using this material on our concrete patios. It is now August 2016 and the Deck Over is terrible for the outside wood deck. Both the textured and non-textured is peeling up, chipping off and has become an eye sore.

Related: Behr - Absolutely Sick Over This

I purchased the Deck Over from Home Depot and went to the store for advice. I was informed by HD personnel they’ve had numerous complaints and apparently this chipping a bubbling of the Deck Over has been a problem in Florida.

I called Behr and the company is sending me new product without cost- Total of 7 gallons of non-textured Deck Over with instructions to scrape and sand the deck and recoat with new product.

I’m not a professional contractor but rather a DYI’er and have spent many thousands of dollars remodeling several properties and projects over the years. I know this is the only option but I must say, this troubles me. Not only is the product junk and I will not buy any new Behr products, I’m also annoyed with Home Depot for apparently the issue with the Deck Over in FL is something they knew about and didn’t convey the message to buyers.

Former Behr user,

Palm Bay, FL

Review about: Deck Over.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Behr Deckover Deck Paint
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.