Behr Deck Over
A year ago this past April 2015 I built a six-sided polygon deck from Pressure Treated deck boards. The total size is roughly 300 sq feet. This deck cost about $2500 not including my labor. This past April, 2016, after a year of 'seasoning' of the wood, I cleaned the wood and used Deck Over (textured for the deck and Non-textured for the rails.) We selected Behr since we had good results using this material on our concrete patios. It is now August 2016 and the Deck Over is terrible for the outside wood deck. Both the textured and non-textured is peeling up, chipping off and has become an eye sore.
I purchased the Deck Over from Home Depot and went to the store for advice. I was informed by HD personnel they’ve had numerous complaints and apparently this chipping a bubbling of the Deck Over has been a problem in Florida.
I called Behr and the company is sending me new product without cost- Total of 7 gallons of non-textured Deck Over with instructions to scrape and sand the deck and recoat with new product.
I’m not a professional contractor but rather a DYI’er and have spent many thousands of dollars remodeling several properties and projects over the years. I know this is the only option but I must say, this troubles me. Not only is the product junk and I will not buy any new Behr products, I’m also annoyed with Home Depot for apparently the issue with the Deck Over in FL is something they knew about and didn’t convey the message to buyers.
Former Behr user,
Palm Bay, FL
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I worked so hard at prepping the wood and 3 of the 4 gallons of deck over later I LOVED the finished product. A year later I noticed the back..."
- "I bought BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-gal. Deep Base Flat Exterior Paint $36.98 / each to paint a metal fence and gate. I spent 17 hours grinding..."
- "In July 2015 we did our deck with deck over this deck had never had any treatment on it before We did as told used all the proper products and..."
- "I worked for Liberty Tax service in Palm Bay FL after taking their tax preparation course. After the course was completed, the franchise owner had mandatory training sessions for employees/future..."
- "NOVA Development should be sued for FRAUD, when it continues to sell a defective product (namely: Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 5.0) when thousands of customers have paid $10.00 apiece to talk..."
- "In September 2014, the Consumer Financial Prortection Bureau fined Flagstar 10 Million Dollars. Flagstar will also have to pay $27.5 Million to Loan Modification Victims. Flagstar was cited..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."