Behr Deck Over
A year ago this past April 2015 I built a six-sided polygon deck from Pressure Treated deck boards. The total size is roughly 300 sq feet. This deck cost about $2500 not including my labor. This past April, 2016, after a year of 'seasoning' of the wood, I cleaned the wood and used Deck Over (textured for the deck and Non-textured for the rails.) We selected Behr since we had good results using this material on our concrete patios. It is now August 2016 and the Deck Over is terrible for the outside wood deck. Both the textured and non-textured is peeling up, chipping off and has become an eye sore.
I purchased the Deck Over from Home Depot and went to the store for advice. I was informed by HD personnel they’ve had numerous complaints and apparently this chipping a bubbling of the Deck Over has been a problem in Florida.
I called Behr and the company is sending me new product without cost- Total of 7 gallons of non-textured Deck Over with instructions to scrape and sand the deck and recoat with new product.
I’m not a professional contractor but rather a DYI’er and have spent many thousands of dollars remodeling several properties and projects over the years. I know this is the only option but I must say, this troubles me. Not only is the product junk and I will not buy any new Behr products, I’m also annoyed with Home Depot for apparently the issue with the Deck Over in FL is something they knew about and didn’t convey the message to buyers.
Former Behr user,
Palm Bay, FL
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Last summer we used deck over on our camp deck. When we went to check it in the spring there was peeling all over the deck. This deck has only..."
- "Used over 10 gallons of behr deck over last summer, this year the whole deck is peeling. In communication with behr, I was told my deck was too old. What?..."
- "Like many others not pleased with the Deck Over product. Followed manufacturers instructions. Bubbled the very next day, especially in areas where the sun hit deck. Behr customer service did..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "When you put furniture on layaway the store is supposed to store it so I was paying on furniture that was no longer being manufactured and wasn't in storage this..."
- "Winnebago build over the years a good reputation to loose it in these few years I heard so many people have numerous problems with Winnebago trailer and the company customer..."
- "I bought a lot of furniture at Kane's. I figured with a lifetime guarantee and the prices they charged that I must be getting some kind of quality. After only..."