we took the advice of the paint salesman at Home Depot and bought this product last year for our 12 by 40 ft.Deck.
We did all the steps recommended and loved the way it looked. Since this is a summer home, we came back six months later, and it's a peeling horrible mess. We bought a power washer for $150 to remove it. No luck.
Just more of a mess. Got an estimate from a professional to sand and stain for $1200. My husband the Engineer, came up with the idea of removing each board, flipping it and re-attaching, then staining the whole thing. So...we have spent hundreds of dollars between the paint, the pre-cleaner, power washer and so far, about 3 full days of our labor and we are barely one third done.
It's backbreaking work removing every single screw and then attaching them again.
If there is a class action suit against Behr in the works, count us in!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of deckover paint
- Deck over paint
- Dosent do what it says it does
- Horrible expeire
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Behr Deck Over Paint
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The worst product ever. Only 2 year after professional did the job the paint is peeling and some boards are now rotted where it peeled. Waste of lots of money..."
- "One year ago I used Behr Deck paint to finish off my deck, and this is what it looks one year later. Very disappointing. ..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "They sent the wrong sneaker color..."
- "I have attached a photo, showing the females contacting me randomly. I signed up and made a fake profile EASILY. I got like 3 messages from females the second I joined. Usually..."
- "I rented the following ebook from the site. I am very dissapointed: Beatty and Samuelson, Essentials of Business Law, 5th edition ISBN: 978-1-285-42700-3 I paid $70 to strain my eyes for..."
- "I have been buying the gronk flavor since it has shown up on shelves. Recently I bought 3 Gronk monsters and found this at the bottom of each one. I..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."