759 Harvest Ln, Williston, VT 05495, USA

I am so disappointed in my Behr Deck Over sold at Home Depot. It has to be the worst product I have purchased there.

I followed the instructions that were provided with the product and even spoke with a sales rep. at my local Home Depot Store. The deck was thoroughly cleaned and dried for several day's. The first summer was pretty good with the exception of it peeling by the deck chairs.

It is so hot once the sun shown on it that you can not walk bare foot on the deck. The following summer we noticed that it started to bubble and then started to peel up. Some ares where the wind got underneath, it would peel whole 2' strips. I have pieces of it in my pool daily.

Our deck looks trashy now and it is embarrassing to have people over. I have to explain that the "Home Depot" recommended Behr deck over was a horrible choice. It should not be on the shelves. I have read that some consumers have had the cost of the paint re funded?

What about the major cost of sanding down everything and using a different product?

It's Behr's fault, not the consumer. Horrible product, Horrible experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Behr Cons: Terrible product.

Comments

I am having the same problems being described in comments above with my deck paint from Behr. The deck was seasoned for a year, then thoroughly power washed before any type of paint was PROFESSIONALLY applied late in the Spring of 2016.

Looked great when it was first done but that only lasted for about 18 months. Started peeling this past winter so it certainly wasn't heat responsible for the bubbling, cracking and coming off in big chunks.

Deck looks awful now. I'm so disappointed in this product I will never buy Behr paint again.