I have 1492 sq.ft.

of deck. Went to Home Depot to buy stain for my deck, 2014. The salesclerk at Home Depot talked me into buying Behr Deck Over paint, instead of stain. Worst mistake of my life.

He told me it would extend the life of my deck for 10 years. It was supposed to last for 10 years. That was in the spring, by the end of summer it began cracking. I bought more paint and filled in the cracked areas.

The following spring, 2015 it had crack worse. I bought more paint and painted again, filled all the cracks. At the end of summer 2015, more cracks, I bought more paint and painted the cracks again. In the spring of 2016, I could no longer paint because by now my entire deck paint was bubbling, cracking, and peeling.

Water was trapped beneath the paint and the boards were beginning to rot. I was told by Behr that the only way to remove the paint was to sand it off. I called several companies to get estimates to sand my deck. They all refused and said it would cost more to sand the paint than to replace my deck.

Now I have to buy a new deck, which is going to cost more than I can afford to pay. I am sick. I am trying to get the word out to everyone I can. Do use this product.

I have contacted Home Depot and Behr begging them to stop selling this product. They try to tell me everyone is happy with the product but me.

After reading the review obviously not.They have hurt many people and caused them great financial loss.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Behr. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Behr.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Behr to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Same happened with my deck.Extremely poor product.

Deck was prepared properly.Trying to find solutions

May I ask if you if you ever got resolution from Behr. I have similar issue but worse my young son feel thru the deck - one leg only thankfully. Waiting for response since July 24th when I made board samples

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1300212

I have seen on Youtube that boiling water will make it lift and then it can be pwashed.