Eaton, Colorado

Applied Behr Deckover to our large deck, nearly 600 sq feet, the summer 2013.It started chipping within months.

Looked terrible after 1 year. Paint is coming off in big strips. Started stripping my deck just last weekend to find so many damaged boards. Moisture has been trapped between paint and wood causing major damage.

Many boards now need replace. Very disappointed! I contacted Behr. They said they can not help without proof of purchase.

Yet they want me to send in samples of the pealing paint. They failed to send me a email with the information on where to send the samples. Behr also said the condition of my deck is due to my error in application of Deckover. That the wood fibers found on the bottom of the paint strips are due to not properly sanding our deck and moisture in the wood is the result of us not applying Deckover to the underside of the deck boards which then allows moisture to enter the wood and get trapped...

Most decks don't have access to the underside. I guess all of us just didn't apply this product correctly!

Hundreds of their customers decks are now in identical terrible shape yet they point the fingers at us.They need to admit their product is the cause, help their customers, and remove this product from the market!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Behr and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about behr deckover deck paint from Behr was it peeled off, blame condition of deck on user error not product and damaged our deck Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Behr.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Behr to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1262439

Same problem - 30 x 30 deck looks terrible - now replacing many boards. Do not use this product.......

Moscow, Iowa, United States #1184542

My god, putting paint on a rotted deck is going to fail- blame the manufacturer for your own foolishness. Cut your losses now and tear out that mess, then don't neglect a new deck and expect paint to fix it ... what a collection of idiots with rotted decks.

Southfield, Michigan, United States #1180769

We are having same issues with some peeling after only one year.We don't have kids that are running all over with toys either.

It's just my husband and I our kids are grown.We are so disappointed after how much this stuff cost.

Austin, Texas, United States #1153061

I had the same results. I tell anyone considering using the product not to waste their money.