Behr Deckover Deck Paint Review from Thunder Bay, Ontario

We paid a lot of money hoping this would help preserve and make our front stairs and back deck!What a waste of money!!!

Didnt even last a full year!

Bubbling, peeling, winds even blow it off!! And worst of all is if you walk on it, it actually sticks to your feet and gets brought into the house!! So disappointed and wish they would do something about it!

Don't know about anybody else, but i do not have extra cash to throw around like this!Check out the pictures,,,,absolutely disgraceful!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Behr Deckover Deck Paint
Review category
Building Products
review #870772

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Behr? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 23 #1176926 Columbia, South Carolina

Most problems like yours are caused by improper prep, not the finishing product. I have used Behr products for many years with no complaints---but I always---always ensure I prep the wood according to directions. You simply cannot do a hasty job of preparation and expect any product to work well. I suggest you contact your new PM and complain. As soon as he gets his head out of the clouds, I am sure he will help you.

0 0 Reply

Jun 24 #1177154 Columbus, Ohio

poor prep has nothing to do with these multitude of deckover failures. I have seen many,many jobs done by professionals, myself included, that failed in less then 10 months. Saying it is a prep issue is just the way Behr is trying to cover their a55. That's why there are class action laws suits over this defective product.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.