Lagrange, Ohio
Featured on Google+ Not resolved

We built a new house & moved in at the end of October 2014.Our deck sat through the winter with no stain or sealant, it seems like the big debate nowadays, to let it sit for 6 mnth or seal it immediately???

Anyways, I normally do my homework, but got caught up in the moment when I passed the display showing how Awesome this product was! I haven't had it on there long enough to have it start peeling like most people on here, but what I do notice (right away) is that it will not wash clean. Being we built, there is a lot of mud (just got the yard seeded) we also have animals = muddy paws. You would think a hard bristled scrub brush & some mild cleaner would wash it away, not the case!

I have read other comments where ppl are experiencing the same issue : ( Overall, I am VERY disappointed with this product & would warn ppl to steer clear of it.

I am still hopeful to come across a cleaning solution that will remove the residue.These are pictures I have taken AFTER scrubbing with deck cleaner.

Review about: Deckover Paint.

I didn't like: Deckover paint, Quality of deckover paint.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Behr Cleaning Solution
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $300
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Saint Charles, Missouri, United States #996151

With 25 years experience in cedar decking, let me add this info.If you have a cedar deck with proper care if should last 20 years or longer.

Proper care is to seal it with a deck stain, transparent or nontransparent, give it 2 coats on ALL sides, even the cut ends. The cut ends, if left unsealed will destroy a nice cedar deck. May sure the deck is DRY, no rain for a week, then give it two coats of a REALLY GOOD stain. I don't want to sell any products here, but I only use one stain cause it works.

If you are not inclined to remove every deck board & stain ALL sides & ends twice, you will be when you replace them.I use solid color stain cause I like the even look it gives.

Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States #995425

TSP and Bleach will clean it up. Google it for amounts.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #995345

Try a second coat of paint. It worked for us.

Laura of California