Bettendorf, Iowa
3K views

After following the manufacturers' instructions to the letter, I applied the Behr DeckOver to my deck, which is a pretty decent sized deck. It was done in the color "Flat Top", which is a dark gray.

It kind of filled the cracks and holes, but that is not my main complaint. I waited two days before walking on the surface, and did not allow my 50 pound dog on the deck until that time as well. Not only is the surface now terribly hot, it is stained with paw prints from my dog getting into dirt/mud. I sprayed the surface off immediately with the hose, but the prints remained.

After getting on my hands and knees with a scrub brush and bucket of soapy warm water, they still remain. Needless to say, after all of that work, I am extremely unhappy. I was trying to figure out why, on some days, my dog won't go out onto the deck. It's because now it's too *** hot and probably burns his feet.

I know it burned mine when I was "barefootin'" on it. So now I have a dark gray deck stained with brown paw prints.

I'm considering painting over that with an exterior paint to cover them up because it looks so *** After spending nearly $150 and expending the time and energy to improve our deck, it looks worse than ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Poor product.

Comments

#1194201

I am happy with my Behr Deckover. I have the paw print problem and think I can hose it off.

So far so good. I think I would have this problem with any deck product.