Farmington, Michigan

Help! My whole deck is bubbling and pealing two years after application.

This product was supposed to be the answer. It's now created a greater problem. My deck looked better before I started. I now want to list my house and have to get this fixed or make a really bad impression with prospective buyers. This is going to cost me serious money.

I'm going to have to strip and repaint the whole thing. I've been scraping and repainting sections, but new areas are now failing. I can't keep up with the job...it's failing faster than I can scrape and repair.

I live in Michigan with pretty good swings in temperature.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Premium Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

I also have the same issue with the Behr Deck over 2 years after the application. And coincidentally I as well live in Michigan.

The local home depot did tell me that back about 2 years ago Behr did have a problem with their formula and the adhesion.

I am going to call Behr tomorrow and see what they will do for me. I sure hope they give me my money back because I sure do not want to put this same stuff back on again.

rollo2016

Don't blame Behr. Something else is going on to cause the problems you are experiencing, eg., bad prep, moisture problems underneath the deck, etc.

Same problem in Michigan. And the lighter colors hold dirt and look dirty.

This happened to us! it took us forever to get that *** off of our deck.

My husband worked HOURS on it. I would recommend you have a professional remove it .