I purchased paint to paint the exterior of my house. I bought the best one with primer $37.00 a gallon.

It took me all summer to do. I am a single 65 yr old woman. After 6 months it started to crack and peel. It was awful.

I wrote a complaint on the Behr page and someone contacted me. wanted me to send the origional receipt for the paint. Who keeps receipts on paint ? The man finally said he was going to send me 2 cans of the same paint.

Why the heck would I want to take the time to put the same faulty paint on again. My house looks awful.

It is cracking and peeling something terrible. I would never buy Behr paint again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

to the lady that went to home depot to buy the behr paint. All paint is a water base paint, which means water will take it off your home....since 1978 paint is a joke.

this is why the wood falls apart and stucco starts cracking and other bad thinks happen.

I have 25 years in construction and I would be honored to try and help you.. I have different options that you will like.

steve 916 224 2652 if you are within 40 miles of sacramento

#1320603

My neighbor bought a 5 gallon pail of Behr Deckover paint. He is in his 70s.

He painted his front porch (pressure treated) with it. Less than 1 year has gone by and it is peeling in sheets. He still has 4+ gallons left as he was planning on doing his rear deck with it. Obviously he is not going to use it again.

I called Home Depot and was told to contact Behr using the 800# listed on the can. At the very least he should be refunded for the cost of the paint.

#1320591

there is NO primer in ANY paint! All that means is you can apply it to a PROPERLY PREPARED SOUND SURFACE without having to put an additional primer on.

That means either a previously painted surface (two coats) or a surface that has been primed with the correct primer! Read the data sheet and you will see what a scam this is! The BIGGEST problem is that all they have to do by their "warranty" is replace the paint. Big deal!

They already charged you 5 times what it cost to make? They aren't losing anything by giving you more! If you take that replacement paint you no longer have a warranty on it!

The warranty only applies to the paint you purchased, not the paint you were given. The whole paint industry has become as much as a scam as a used car dealer!