Catonsville, Maryland

Used over 10 gallons of behr deck over last summer, this year the whole deck is peeling. In communication with behr, I was told my deck was too old.

What? Too old for a restorative product? My deck is 10 years old but in good condition. I followed all of the instructions and now I am left with a huge mess.

I can not open my pool or have people over due to this deck being a huge embarrassment. Behr seems to thinks sending out more of their product will fix this problem, I will never use a behr product again. No consideration is being given for my time invested in this project.

They know they have a product that does not work, yet they continue to leave it on the market. I think there is a need for a class action lawsuit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have also had bad luck with Behr paint. In my case it was an interior paint, but I get the impression that ALL of their products are garbage.

I used the Behr Deck Over product no my deck a little over a year ago. Several gallons of the product were used.

It looked good for a couple of months then my worst nightmares started. The newly painted deck and railings began to peel. I now am faced with the decision of removing the wood decking and rebuilding the deck. I can't put into words how disappointed in Behr I am.

Some of the paint adhered to the wood but the deck looks terrible. I am now faced with a $10,000 redo.