My fiance and I got some of the Behr satin enamel at Home Depot and hired someone to paint. Well, lets just say it looks AWFUL!

It doesn't look even. It's streaky in almost all areas. Our painter said that it wasn't her. She thought it was the walls at first.

So, she sanded them and went through MORE paint and it now looks like she hasn't even done anything. This is so frustrating! I don't know what else to do about this whole situation! We have spent over $300 in paint for only 3 rooms.

I now know not to EVER buy Behr paint ever again. I will probably never shop at Home Depot again because they could of explained all different paints a little better than they did.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Comments

Have painted for 20 years. We use sherwin williams about 90% of the time.

The other 10% is ben moore or ppg. Used behr today for the first time ever-provided by either the customer or the GC. Absolute garbage. Terrible product.

Bad coverage and runs everywhere. Never ever have these problems with the big 3 mentioned above.

Worst part is the customer thinks i dont know what im doing after seeing the work. Dont waste your $, buy real paint.

BEHR paint and primer in one or Self-Priming paint is by far the poorest quality paint on the market.

First of all, you don't mix primer and paint together. The pigments in primer and paint are for two different reasons. Primer is a sealant and generally has a high pigment content or Pigment Volume Concentration (PVC) and is use for undercoating.

Paint is for top coating. Paint consist of three chemicals, the pigment, binder and thinner. These three chemicals must be blended in the correct proportions. Mixing primer and paint together alter the balance of these chemicals. The incompatibilities between primer and paint mixed together can result in lifting, wrinkling, poor covering and a lack of adhesion and therefore should not be mixed.

Never buy paint mixed with primer. If you're doing a paint job then use primer first and then use paint for your top coat. If you buy paint mixed with primer all you are getting is colored primer which is not recommend for use as a top coat.

Paint mixed with primer should only be used as an undercoating if you are trying to paint a light color over a dark color, and then use the same color paint for your top coat.

And if you want a good quality paint then use Valspar. Valspar is one of the top ten paints brands in the world.

I must agree with Anonymous from Ga. I've been using Behr for 20 years but since they started this product "paint w/primer", it's gone down hill.

Case in point, I used their "eggshell enamel" w/primer...painted the wall 3 times.

Continually turned out uneven. Fortunately, the Home Depot people were very cooperative in replacing my paint with a "flat" finish...maybe they know something we don't?!!!

I don't like Behr paint either.Have seen many complaints. It runs down the walls, even a light first coat. Nothing washes off of it and the finish sucks too.

Just in the final stages of a full bethroom reno. Have painted a lot (and renoed a lot), used Behr premium plus ultra on walls (haven't used Behr a lot)and after 3 weeks (went on vactn), just bumping them makes the paint skin.

The bathroom has a huge window and hasn't been used since renos started. The ceiling paint (NOT Behr), is just great!!

Phoned Behr, they said that it takes 4 weeks to cure. Well, I guess if you have 4 weeks, but their *** product, if not, go to another paint company!

#519605

Behr paint is all I used in my century home. It was the best paint I ever used! Something definitely sounds fishy here.

to Jean #1185282

That's Bs. As an experienced professional painter, I refuse to use Behr.

If a client wants to provide their own paint, that's fine and dandy. If the paint they provide is any behr product, I straight up tell them to return that *** to HD or find another painter. I have had many bad experiences with behr paint, as well as many pissed off customers and a couple of lawsuits due to that inferior paint these homeowners decided to choose. I boycott HD all together now.

If they can't even spell "bear" right, they apparently can't get paint right either. Paint and primer should never be mixed together.

Behr is some of the best paint made! Your painter, however, is a liar.

She either switched paints or watered/thinned them down or didn't prep correctly. You should talk with her again.

to George #604133

Behr paint is not good paint. The above positive reviews have probably been submitted by Behr employees themselves.

One will find that 90% of negative reviews are factual and true.

to The Truth #1159630

We bought Behr paint and painted bedrooms and interior doors. The bedroom paint is peeling off of the walls and so is the paint on the doors.

Also, the mess took forever to dry when we painted. I will NEVER buy this brand again.

to The Truth #1185293

Terrible, terrible paint. As inferior as it gets.

It takes at least 4 coats to even cover a slightly darker or lighter surface, yet still looks uneven. It also shrunk and cracked in less than a year on my bathroom door.

to George #1185284

That's Bs. As an experienced professional painter, I refuse to use Behr.