Clare, Michigan

I refinished a existing desk I took special care to do it right as I am a contractor and I don't need a problem with the customer. we prepped the existing deck this was last year by the way. made sure it was clean we power sprayed the deck this deck is was left to dry and we applied to coats of deck over this spring I get a call the finish is coming up its pealing off in strips I am going to clean it up sand it but I don't need this to happen twice what do I do are there any thing the factory will do to fix this problem

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: caused deck refinish.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

OMG!!! I finished my deck last year, 6/2014.

It is peeling all over the place. Behr is working with me and providing replacement products. I admit out of six phone calls, each customer service has been extremely cordial. The problem is the replacement products are not working.

I am wondering if anyone has experience using the Wood Stain & Finish ***. I was told to purchase 3 gallons to remove the solid stain from last year. Here's the problem. I poured half the bottle into my paint tray.

When I returned to replenish the tray, the remaining portion had thickened to the point that it would not pour out of the bottle. I returned it to Home Depot. The paint manager had never heard of it thickening like that, so he said it must have been defective and gave me a replacement gallon. I just opened my fourth gallon and it did the exact same time thing.

I just spoke with Behr and was told to go by another 6 gallons and they would reimburse me. I think Berhr's product guarantee is great. They have already sent me 4 gallons of DeckOver (to replace the 4 gallons of solid stain I purchased last year. It will probably take twice that amount to finish my deck) and 2 gallons of cleaner.

However, will my deck ever be completed?

Our annual Father's

Day celebration has been ruined. Signed Exasperated.

wolfie
@BestCook

What was your final outcome? Mine wasn't positive.