Peabody, Massachusetts
1.8

coating failed and cannot be removed from the wood. I have contacted Behr and they sent me new product and also offered to reimburse me for two days rental of a sander.

that is great but I cannot remove all the product from the decking , rim joists and stair treads. I've tried pressure washing, sanding ,mechanical stripping,nothing seems to work.

The only thing left to do is replace the boards,This is the reason I bought this product so I wouldn't have to replace the decking.I worked about 20 hours preping the decks and 25 hours applying the product but I've spent aprox. 80 hours trying to completely remove this product from my decks.The only thing left is to replace the decking.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Deck Over Coating.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Behr Pros: Deckover and other paint product, Customer service.

Behr Cons: It peels off, Massive peeling.

• Deckover Damage

Comments

I should have listened to the reviews but I’ve always used Behr interior paint for my home and it works great. Fast forward to July 2017 & I had my dream deck built.

I retired to Waikoloa Hawaii and live in Waikoloa Village. My deck is 24’ x 26’ with a 10 x 12 ft. Pergola, I used all pressure treated lumber $2,250.00 from Lowe’s. The labor was $2,400.00.

The deck was finished in 8 days, I let the deck dry out until January 2018. We had 8 days of nice hot weather, I used the deck cleaner recommended by Home Depot,I started at 5:30am before sunrise, followed the directions to the T. I know about the importance of following directions because I’m retired from the fire department in Bakersfield Ca. The deck was finished & rinsed thoroughly and allowed to dry for 4 days.

Then painted using behr California rustic deck over.filled in the nail holes, brushed any cracks, allowed it to dry for 9 hrs until that evening when the sun went down. Completely done the first coat, I applied the 2nd coat the next moat 6 am before the sun came around, finished around 8:30 am. The deck looked great, waited for 5 days before placing patio furniture on it. It’s only my wife & I, we have no children and we’re both retired.

We only use the deck on cloudy days, or early in the morning before it gets to hot an in the evening when the sun goes down. Here we are 7 months later and the deck is peeling. It looks a mess.

Now what, this stuff is a mess. Behr if you’re reading this revisit would be nice for some help!!

Failed within months

This paint is terrible. Painted 370 square foot deck in 2014.

Deck peeled in the spring.

Behr sent out wood cleaner and three gallons of Deck Over paint and it was peeling bad again this spring. now I am putting in a claim again for paying to replace my wood on the deck.