Fair Oaks, California
2.2K views

I took on the project of repainting my home. I went to home depot and was told the best paint would be Behr outdoor satin finish, life time warranty.

Of course,it is more expensive but I want this paint job to last as it is a Big project. After a month and a half the paint is bubbling up everwhere. It is not weather or water. I have called Home Depot and they said they do not know what to say.

Behr says the lot number is fine.

Really! Bubbles everwhere that now I have to scrape off, sand and repaint. I have rolled and brushed the whole house so that I would not have to do it again for years and now I am not even done completely and am having to re-do it.

Please save yourself time and money. DO NOT purchase Behr products!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Comments

Usually bubbling up of a top coat of finish is the result of an issue with the substrate or an incompatibly problem of the top coat to the underlying finish.

h.kitchener

What Causes Paint Bubbling or Blistering?

Painting a damp, dirty, or hot surface

Applying oil-based or alkyd paint over latex paint

Improper surface preparation

Excessive moisture

Exposing latex paint to moisture shortly after paint has dried Best examine more carefully what you did before blaming the paint. Perhaps the painter is at fault?

if you want the paint to do what it says on the front of the can, YOU have to do the prep listed on the back. Consumer Report backs the paint...not the painter.

Every complaint written was done without reading application.

I am a painter and have been using Behr Products for over 20 years.

I give my Home and Business owners a warranty certificate when job is complete.

never had a call back

I also made the mistake of using Behr product.

I stained my new cedar 1100 sq ft deck using there 10 year semi transparent stain.It peeled 6 months. I contacted Behr and they said I didnt use a conditioner and they would provide materials to remove, condition, and restain, but no labor.

A HUGE undertaking but I was ok with that because I didnt follow there instructions.

THEN after 3 solid weeks of work, following there instructions to the t, we restained using there best 25 yr stain.

GUESS WHAT?

I peeled like a banana! Everywhere.

The stuff is j u n k JUNK!

NEVER again!

Exposed-ur surface

Behr is NOT as good as Behr says it is. Both times I used Behr to paint my home, it faded in less than six months.

First time I used Behr Premium, Behr replaced the paint under warranty and I repainted with Behr Premium with Primer in one. Same exact thing happened.

You pro painters that commented on this post, are you going to blame fading on bad prep? Sounds like you guys work for Behr.

I have used many different paint brands and behr is good paint, as long as you do the prep correctly. There is a lot more to painting than just applying it...Most home owners don't realize that.

Behr Paint works. sounds like the stuff you were painting was damp or wet from rain. Or it just rained after you painted.

behr is great paint. just finished my inside and doing outside.

wouldn't use anything else even though my painter gets a discount at another store. did you paint over oil base w/water base?

behr is great paint. just finished my inside and doing outside.

Naw...not buying this one. You either painted a wet surface or it rained before it dried. Case closed.