Do not buy BEHR Premium Plus Ultra Paint and Primer in One for metal

212 of 343 Behr reviews

I bought BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-gal.Deep Base Flat Exterior Paint $36.98 / each to paint a metal fence and gate.

I spent 17 hours grinding and sanding paint completely off this fence and gate. I sprayed the fence several coats of BEHR Premium Plus Ultra , then 4 days later it rained and the paint started coming off. My heart sank because I’ve painted and done numerous home improvement jobs in the last 40 years, i am pretty knowledgeable about tools and products i use. I was so angry that I am going to have to re-grind and sand fence down again.

I went to home depot and I took photos of fence before I painted it after I painted it and after the rain came. I bought BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-gal. Deep Base Flat Exterior Paint $36.98 to paint a metal fence and gate. I spent 17 hours grinding and sanding paint completely off this fence and gate.

Sprayed the fence several coats of BEHR Premium Plus Ultra , then 4 days later it rained and the paint started coming off. My heart sank because I’ve painted and done numerous home improvement jobs in the last 40 years, i am pretty knowledgeable about tools and products i use. I went back to Home Depot &The manager at Home Depot refunded me my money for the Paint, but it does not help me to re-sand the fence. I spent $38 on sanding wheels for my grinder to sand the fence.

Now I have to spend more money to buy more sanding wheels and that doesn’t even cover the amount of hard labor I spent sanding and painting the fence and gate. I was pretty hesitant to use a Paint and Primer in One on metal.

The Home Depot rep said it works fine and I read the label on the Paint it says” The unique molecular structure provides excellent adhesion to multiple surfaces including metal, wood, vinyl, masonry, stucco and brick.” Well from my firsthand experience it does not.Stay away from these products.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Horrible expeire
    • I am very angry and disappointed
    • Paint quality

Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint
Review category
Building Products
review #618823 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Behr? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
212 of 343 Behr reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 12, 2015 #983203

this product is a 2 in 1 that does not require primer .. that is what the whole issue is about.did you read the issue above

0 0 Reply
MLP

Apr 19, 2015 #973884 Denver, Colorado, United States

you may need to use KILZ Premium Primer and then topcoat with Ultra. The metal surface looked really shiny. Hard to tell by one photo. Adhesion is paramount when it comes to shiny surfaces and Ultra may have needed a primer to bond to.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Behr. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Behr.
Filing a new complaint about
×