Peoria, Arizona
100% full Not resolved
2.7

I bought BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-gal.Deep Base Flat Exterior Paint $36.98 / each to paint a metal fence and gate.

I spent 17 hours grinding and sanding paint completely off this fence and gate. I sprayed the fence several coats of BEHR Premium Plus Ultra , then 4 days later it rained and the paint started coming off. My heart sank because I’ve painted and done numerous home improvement jobs in the last 40 years, i am pretty knowledgeable about tools and products i use. I was so angry that I am going to have to re-grind and sand fence down again.

I went to home depot and I took photos of fence before I painted it after I painted it and after the rain came. I bought BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-gal. Deep Base Flat Exterior Paint $36.98 to paint a metal fence and gate. I spent 17 hours grinding and sanding paint completely off this fence and gate.

Sprayed the fence several coats of BEHR Premium Plus Ultra , then 4 days later it rained and the paint started coming off. My heart sank because I’ve painted and done numerous home improvement jobs in the last 40 years, i am pretty knowledgeable about tools and products i use. I went back to Home Depot &The manager at Home Depot refunded me my money for the Paint, but it does not help me to re-sand the fence. I spent $38 on sanding wheels for my grinder to sand the fence.

Now I have to spend more money to buy more sanding wheels and that doesn’t even cover the amount of hard labor I spent sanding and painting the fence and gate. I was pretty hesitant to use a Paint and Primer in One on metal.

The Home Depot rep said it works fine and I read the label on the Paint it says” The unique molecular structure provides excellent adhesion to multiple surfaces including metal, wood, vinyl, masonry, stucco and brick.” Well from my firsthand experience it does not.Stay away from these products.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: I am very angry and disappointed, Paint quality.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

this product is a 2 in 1 that does not require primer .. that is what the whole issue is about.did you read the issue above

MLP
Denver, Colorado, United States #973884

you may need to use KILZ Premium Primer and then topcoat with Ultra.The metal surface looked really shiny.

Hard to tell by one photo.Adhesion is paramount when it comes to shiny surfaces and Ultra may have needed a primer to bond to.