I bought 2 gallons of Behr Marquee paint, after buying 9 small sample cans to find the right color! This is the most I've ever spent on paint!

But being guaranteed to cover in 1 coat, I thought it would be worth the money. Well, it did not cover in one coat! I had to do 2 coats and did not have enough to finish part of the room! I'm a decent painter, but I ended up with alot of drips, some of which peeled the paint off completely when I tried to fix them!

I am so discusted that I will have to spend so much time sanding all of the bad drip spots before I can repaint the room again!

And no...I will not ever use Behr paint again!!! I am very disappointed and discusted with this product!

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

TrustyBumbleBee

I was going to purchase this paint and now I will not.

Marquee is in reality a pretty nasty paint to work with. Trying to get any kind of smooth finish is virtually impossible.

But, where does ANY of their marketing or advertising say it will HIDE in one coat? It COVERS in one coat, but even water will COVER in one coat. They are playing on people's lack of understanding of the English language. Basically playing consumers for fools!

The definition of the word COVER is a uniform coat of something, which it kinda does. But the word COVER has nothing to do with how well it HIDES the paint or color beneath it!And as far as the price you paid? How does it feel to know you paid for their mass marketing? That's really ALL you paid for!

And with the extinction of the independent paint stores, who could actually decide for themselves what quality product they wanted to sell, it is only going to get much worse! But unfortunately as long as people are lining up at the Home Depot, Lowe's, and Sherwin Williams paint counters it won't get any better.