Bozeman, Montana

I have a wrap around deck on my house. Last year I painted the entire thing, carefully following instructions, with Premium Deckover.

It cost a lot, and took a lot of hot time. It lasted the winter. In spring, a bit started to peel. The whole thing is now peeling, big chunks at a time.

It just comes off. It looks terrible. Do I have to hand peel the rest to get back to the base? I trusted Behr.

This is a complete wreck. I lost a lot of money, and I have a totally ugly deck.

Now, even when the dogs to out, they are likely to come back with Deckover in their pads.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Premium Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Behr Pros: Looked good when first applied.

Behr Cons: Deck over premium peels after one year.

Comments

#1197489

I have the same issue my deck is a complete mess . The whole deck is peeling .

Obviously this product was not tested very good.!! You walk on it and sticks to the bottom of your feet and lifts right off the boards.. Very disappointed in this product and who is going to clean this *** off it !!! My neighbour is also having the same issue and I would like to know why this lovely product is not a recall since there is so many complaints and yet Home Depot is still selling it knowing it peels off,just so not right !!

Behr needs to do the right thing and compensate their customers and take this product off the selves.

Time and money spent to look at a night mare ...

Feel free to contact me Behr to make this ugly situation right. Tdurham@cogeco.ca