My wife got very sick after useing behr paint flu like simptoms painted 3 diffrent times one day of week (on my day off new apartment) and 3of those times she felt very sick after, coughing, sneezing, just as she had bad flu we would have never thought paint could couse this kind of damage after 3rd time we figured it has to be the paint we are using BEHR. MIT very dengerous camical in paint to some people, behr company should really put warning labels on this toxic paint.

I am very concerned for my wifes health if her simptoms dont die down i will take legal action so other people dont get hurt by this toxic product!!!! Please dont take a chance this has been a nightmare for us both.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

So how did you solve the problem? Did you paint over it with another brand? Or have to tear the wall down?

I can agree with you, my husband and I have been painting with behr paint from Home Depot, after first day painting, my husband started coughing and sneezing, as I was painting, I kept getting dizzy, flu like symptoms, cold, then hot, painted again today, I only painted, same symptoms, this time coughing, coughing, chills, sweatingSore throat, really bad headache, wheezing

We experienced the exact same problems using 1 can of Behr Ultra Premium Plus.

Watery Eyes, Coughing, Sneezing, Breathing difficulties, hives.

Opened a case with Behr (Masco) and they told me to return paint to them for "evaluation" and to get another painter (at our expense) to paint over it with KILZ MAX (which they also own. The Painter reviewed to do the job after smelling the odor.

it's the ammonia Behr uses in their paint. There is no regulations controlling it's use and some people can have very serious reactions to it as it can enter the blood stream.

This is a well known long term issue with the entire Behr line.

Make sure to contact your state attorney general and EPA to file a complaint. Until enough people do this they will continue using ammonia in their paints.