Long Beach, New York

My contractor/painter has used "paint and prime" paint in 3 different homes after the door frames and closets were built with pine wood that had some knots in the wood(also bought at Home depot). We used the paint and primer in one, which gave great coverage on the walls but after 2 weeks or so the knots came through on the door frames in all 3 locations. Now, having already paid for the paint and labor I will have to re-paint

Related: Behr - Deck Over is worst stuff ever!

Review about: Behr Interior Paint.

I didn't like: Dosent do what it says it does.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Behr Paint
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $1075
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Rutland, Vermont, United States #1198578

Spot prime the knots

wrong primer

Use "Kilz" or stain kill on the knots before priming, but better solution ( not cheaper) is to use a clear pine jamb without knots.Your contractor was saving money with the cheap jambs at your expense.

In my 40 years as a contractor, I never used anything but clear pine, hemlock , or fir for door jambs.That knotty pine jamb is so tacky.

As a contractor, my question is- if I buy a pre-primed door and paint with paint primer 3 coats to cover, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ????You are like the "Great and Powerful OZ", (don't look behind that curtain).

What a crock !I am old enough to have seen paint products come and go......this needs to be gone !!!

dumba55!There's no such thing as paint and primer in one.

Read the directions and you'll see that at a minimum, you are supposed to use two coats. The first coat is the "prime" coat, and the second is the "paint" coat. And when it bleeds, (and it will on pine knots!) it says to use such and such primer to stop the bleeding.

People please stop being so lazy and cheap that you use this *** this way!

Just prime the wood.***.