1.7

Update by user Oct 18

I contacted Behr, spoke to a very nice representative named Manny.I explained what was going on with my deck.

I had originally called because I'd peeled a few dozen long (up to 2 feet) pieces up off the deck and was going to mail Behr the pieces, just so they could see what I was talking about. Anyway, Behr is sending me 3 gallons of clear, water repellant deck stain and 2 gallons of deck wash. I won't be able to start the project until next year, most of the decking and railings need to be replaced because of the rotting from the Deck Over trapping the moisture.

Not a perfect resolution, still going to cost me at least $1000 to replace the wood, but, it's better than nothing.In the future, if it sounds too good to be true...and I had the chance to, actually, talk to a Behr representative and voice my dissatisfaction with their product.

Original review posted by user Sep 11

What a bunch of ***!I bought a 5 gallon bucket ($150) of Deck Over a little over 2 years ago.

After 1 summer/winter, it started to peel and flake in big pieces. I can go on my deck and lift up the edge of the paint and it peels right off. Unfortunately, not all pieces come off that well. I just talked to a customer service agent, I'm concerned about the birds, chipmunks and squirrels that run around my deck, eating seeds.

The paint isn't (of course) made to be ingested, but, the birds, chipmunks and squirrels don't know that and there's many little pieces that are getting mixed in with any seeds that happen to get blown on my deck. I was told I would need to sand the deck to get this *** off, but, I think I can just wait for another year and it will all peel off.

Not only that, when you peel it off you can see it retains moisture and will rot your decking- I have cedar decking.Save your money, if you have to redo your deck every couple years, use Thompson's water seal, at least that will just wear off, you won't need to sand it off.

Review about: Behr Premium Deckover Porch And Patio Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Quality or duration, I expected more.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

There is a lawsuit against behr because of Deckover. I'd try to get in on it if I were you.