Elkhart, Indiana
2.8K views 12 comments
100% full Not resolved

I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer.It now makes me sick to look at since it is all peeling off.

Related: Behr - Applied the deck over and now it's peeling off the deck and is a complete mess. Deck over is allo ver the yard and the deck looks awful.

The railing, spindles, decking, ledger boards, all peeling. I bought the paint at Home Depot in Mishawaka Indiana and now I am stuck with a mess.

With the money I spent on paint and a painter to apply it I am guess the loss is $1000.00 Now it will have to be repaired even costing me more money that I don't have.Please help

Doug Ryback 574-596-6195

Review about: Behr Deck Over Paint.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Behr Paint
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $2000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States #1299483

I had the same experience with this product. Thought I bought the best and regret it everyday.

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1191440

I have had the same problem with three different properties.Works great in the shade but will not hold up when exposed to sun light.

I am now trying to repair the damage by applying Kilz then painting with deckover to minimize my time and costs.Fingers crossed.

RJ - Louisville, KY

We put deckover on 5 Months ago, perfect weather and dry.It started peeling In January.

Since putting it on in September it has been warm up until January.

Are there any class action lawsuits yet?I have seen way to many complaints.

behr arse
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada #1063588

behr is a rock solid paint i stand behind,on both legs...like a behr!!!...lol...

al cary
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada #1063587

your wood was wet...dummy!

SBallard

We had the same problem and ours looked exactly like Doug's. Now ours is much worse with rotten boards so we have to strip it, scrap it, and replace about 50% of our deck!

I spent almost 600.00 in 2013 on deckover,huge mistake. My deck is around my pool so I have quite a mess .when I called behr they started telling me that I could rent a sander and sand the spots that were peeling and they would send me some more product and I could re-paint my deck . Yeah ok I really want to re-apply this *** on my deck again.

Lolo

How was the surface prepared?What was the weather like?

Did you pressure wash or scrub?It should have taken you a sixth of that amount excluding your railings....

ransom

It was almost certainly because your deck was not properly prepared. Behr has excellent paint, it's always top rated in Consumer reports.

No, I do not work for Behr paint or anyone who sells it.

EA
to ransom #874258

If you did not actually use the "Deck Over", why are you commenting?I used the product on a friends (covered) deck about two years ago and so far it looks good.

My neighbor used it and his peeled. Both in upstate NY with well below freezing temps in winter.

Many people have had peeling.I would like to read some reviews from professionals who have used the product.