1.3

Restore was hard to apply even with the special rollers and exactly following the directions provided. In less than a year the product cracked and peeled.

It was recommended to powerwash the deck to remove the loose layer, and then add the product to the areas that lifted. Within a year it started peeling again. The product was pulled from the market and noted as faulty material. I bought Behr *** to try and remove the Restore product.

Some areas the Restore stain came up with no problem, others areas the wood was lifting. I tried to scrape it, soaked the hard areas in ***, power washed the deck and the Restore still would not come off. I had to sand those areas to try and smooth out the boards with no success. I cleaned the deck with Behr deck cleaner, used Behr textured deck paint and I am unhappy with the end result.

I had to put 3 coats on the deck and it still did not cover the boards evenly because of the remaining Restore that would not come off.

The Restore was a costly and inferior product. To try and fix the deck was even costlier and extremely time consuming with extremely low quality results.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments