Review about Behr Deckover Paint from Jackson, New Jersey

162 of 343 Behr reviews

Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter.1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse.

. We didn't even put our dining table out last summer. This is a fairly expensive product but we trusted the Behr brand.

Now we will spend wuite s bit having it redone.Will not use Behr products again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Behr Deckover Paint
Review category
Building Products
review #660735 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Behr? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
162 of 343 Behr reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Will

Jul 13 #1184531 Moscow, Iowa, United States

New deck? I think not, there is well weathered wood under that paint with so much checking that lets water under the paint- over and over the images of the "paint failure" is over old pressure treated cracked wood decks, paint isn't going to fix something that needs to be ripped out and replaced.

0 0 Reply

May 25 #1164604

the product is intended to make old decks look acceptable for one more year. Definitely not for new decks or long-term use.

0 0 Reply

Jul 05, 2015 #1003951

We applied Behr DeckOver on our year old deck about a year and a half ago. Noticed it was peeling back this winter but the true damage was identified this spring. The product trapped the water underneath and caused our wood to rot. It's peels off in sheets. We complained via their web site and we have an open claim. It remains to be seen what the out come will be. I refuse to apply any Behr products ever again. I'm going to submit the bill for replacing my new decking boards. The deck was only a year old, we cleaned and preped with Behr deck cleaner. We went with the Deck Over because the employee at Home Depot said it would give us a protective barrier that was thicker than just stain. It's thicker than stain and more expensive, but we thought we were buying the best product on the market. We were wrong! You can find many reviews and complaints online, even YouTube videos of customer experiences with this product. I recommend you continue to try to contact their customer service department. The rep we've been dealing with is from California. The direct phone number is (800) 440-2347. Good luck! What a way to spend your summer.........redoing your deck when you should be enjoying it. :(

2 1 Reply

Jul 05, 2015 #1003869

We had the same experience. Applied last fall to clean, dry deck and failed to last even through the first winter. Extremely disappointed in this product. The reviews were mostly good and I trusted Home Depot and the Behr name. Never again! It was expensive and time consuming. I will just use regular deck stain when I am able to redo the deck.

3 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Behr. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Behr.
Filing a new complaint about
×