Jackson, New Jersey
Featured on Pinterest Not resolved

Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter.1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse.

. We didn't even put our dining table out last summer. This is a fairly expensive product but we trusted the Behr brand.

Now we will spend wuite s bit having it redone.Will not use Behr products again.

Review about: Behr Deckover Paint.

3.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Will
Moscow, Iowa, United States #1184531

New deck? I think not, there is well weathered wood under that paint with so much checking that lets water under the paint- over and over the images of the "paint failure" is over old pressure treated cracked wood decks, paint isn't going to fix something that needs to be ripped out and replaced.

the product is intended to make old decks look acceptable for one more year. Definitely not for new decks or long-term use.

We applied Behr DeckOver on our year old deck about a year and a half ago.Noticed it was peeling back this winter but the true damage was identified this spring.

The product trapped the water underneath and caused our wood to rot. It's peels off in sheets. We complained via their web site and we have an open claim. It remains to be seen what the out come will be.

I refuse to apply any Behr products ever again. I'm going to submit the bill for replacing my new decking boards. The deck was only a year old, we cleaned and preped with Behr deck cleaner. We went with the Deck Over because the employee at Home Depot said it would give us a protective barrier that was thicker than just stain.

It's thicker than stain and more expensive, but we thought we were buying the best product on the market. We were wrong! You can find many reviews and complaints online, even YouTube videos of customer experiences with this product. I recommend you continue to try to contact their customer service department.

The rep we've been dealing with is from California. The direct phone number is (800) 440-2347. Good luck!

What a way to spend your summer.........redoing your deck when you should be enjoying it.:(

We had the same experience.Applied last fall to clean, dry deck and failed to last even through the first winter.

Extremely disappointed in this product. The reviews were mostly good and I trusted Home Depot and the Behr name. Never again!

It was expensive and time consuming.I will just use regular deck stain when I am able to redo the deck.