Seattle, Washington
2.1

Like many of you we don't have a lot of time to be spending on a deck hence the Deck over solution seemed like a bright idea to saving time and money. I had spent two solid weeks prepping my cedar deck it almost looked new after replacing many boards as well, I figured this would be the last time to deal with it for a long time.

less than a year I had it peeling, cracking and water getting in causing rotting even with some new boards. I am shocked there is not a class action yet as it is almost impossible to get the stuff off to redo, sanding with super heavy grit doesn't work, it doesn't sand because of the Silica in the paint.At the least they should not only supply materials but labor is more important.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Premium Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: disaster.

Preferred solution: send a berh rep to view the mess and pay for labor.

Behr Cons: Deck over paint.

Comments

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased 10+ gallons of Behr Deck Over paint and applied to my deck in September 2014.

It looked great until this spring (2016). Now it is bubbling, cracking and peeling in numerous spots. I took a putty knife and easily peeled back long strips of the paint. Underneath the cedar wood is damp.

I expect to find rot which will cause my deck to fail prematurely.

I contacted Behr customer service today by email and hope to get a response soon. Don't know if they will compensate me.