21399 Torrence Ave, Lynwood, IL 60411, USA
2.0

We just finished painting a Great Room and Foyer with 20 foot high walls. I did it last 20 years ago with Benjamin Moore paint when the house was built with no problems.

We used the best Wooster Rollers and Brushes. The outcome is unbelievably rough, blotchy, appearing to be unpainted even when almost all of the area has at least 2 coats and some areas as much as 4 coats trying to get it to look smooth and without flaw. One of the most irritating flaws is the bubbles that create when rolling and end up hardening into bumps on the wall surface. We had to rent two scaffolds at a cost of $119.00 for a 24 hour period and 4 gallons of paint.

Your ad at Home Depot says Best in Color, Wear and Coverage. I will have a full statement on paint expenses on my next Discover Bill in about 10 days. I would like a complete refund so we can hire Professionals to redo the terrible paint job. I should have known better as the Deck Over Coverage we used two years ago, all began peeling the next year.

An inspector would be welcome to verify what I am telling you.

I may seek legal advice and at the very least if I do not receive satisfaction, the results of this paint job will be posted on Face Book and other Social media. Feel free to call me at 989-643-7872 Email at Baldwinski50@yahoo.com.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Hire a Contractor to repaint with something that really works..

Comments

Don't believe the hype! Behr paint is terrible!

All that you are spending your money on is marketing!

It sucks, and it has always sucked. The marketing is what creates the illusion that it is a quality paint, and YOU the consumer are paying for that marketing!

Machele

From your (very)brief description of the problems, I would suspect that after 20 years, the surfaces you were attempting to paint were in need of thorough preparation, eg., washing down to get rid of accumulated grease, grime and who knows what? No paint will cover or perform satisfactorily when applied to an ill-prepared surface.

Given the size of the area to be painted, I suggest a professional if for no other reason than it is a project best done by a professional painter. In other words, don't blame the paint, but the painter.

Behr Reviews