2815 Merrilee Dr, Fairfax, VA 22031, USA

I would not use BEHR paint again if I was paid to do it. Three years ago I had a new deck built.

We waited a year for it to season and then decided to use Deck Over. We had 10 gallons mixed at Home Depot. The next year it had mildewed very badly. This year it began peeling off.

I am getting ready to pressure wash the deck and repaint it. The porch looks like it has leprosy. It is in the sun most of the day.

I never had paint to do this before. I have written to BEHR and to Home Depot but to no avail so I guess I will mark it up to experience and a several hundred dollar loss because I chose to go with Behr.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Premium Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Several class action lawsuits are in the works including California which filed on June 15 and Arizona which will soon follow.This stuff won't even stay on a deck in a dry, arid climate, let alone a humid climate like you have.

Call Behr's customer complaint department and demand action.Go to your home depot where you bought deck over and demand they do something as they are partnered up with Behr.

I live in Florida and three years ago I replaced 80% of my 35 X 25 foot deck. Besides the peeling has anyone experienced the pressure treated wood disintegrating?

I have parts of the deck that have not been replaced in full sun that are still good that are 32 years old. My deck does not sit in water and I have checked the boards that I replaced that did disintegrate and they were pressure treated.

Deck Over or bad boards? Anyone's thoughts?

Behr knows all about their Deckover problem - take them to Small Claims Court if they refuse to refund your $400.