1413 N Armistead Ave, Hampton, VA 23666, USA
1.9

2015 we purchased Behr Product Deck Over for our deck after reading about the product and seeing the commericals we decided to purchase it from our local Home Depot.Deck was cleaned and ready for the product,within next even a year the paint peel and came off in strip like peeling a banana so I sent email to company sending along pictures of the can and our deck. The company spokes person said they would send us another shipment of diferent deck over along with the cleaner they recommended so being the age we are 75 and 79 we had to hire two guys to strip off the paint clean the deck and apply the new.It was very costly but it was done as instructed by the company now in 2018 our deck is just as bad as the first time the paint has bubbled you can strip it off in strips like a peel we are so discussed in the company and their product hopefully no ever buys this product...Take a ride to our house and have a look you would be horrified.

Product or Service Mentioned: Behr Premium Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Behr Cons: Massive peeling, It has ruined my deck, Never a good product experience.

• doesn t perform

Comments

Those types of deck finishes (elastomeric) were doomed to failure from the start. They trap moisture in the wood which leads to the wood prematurely rotting.

30 years in the paint business and I just can't believe that ANY company would put such a product on the market!

Look online and find the information that is there about the pending class action suit against Behr, and try to get yourself represented in that lawsuit. That is your only recourse at this point I am afraid.