I read instructions thoroughly more than once, prepped with Behr products, waited for my weather window to open, and put on 2 thick coats with a brush only. Deck is untreated cedar, and the porosity of cedar (vs treated pine) meant coverage was more difficult, but not the product's fault.

Deck looked great! HOWEVER, upon going through a MPLS, MN winter and now warm weather, deck is peeling horribly. Looks terrible. This product is not sufficiently engineered and is a waste of both time and money.

I WOULD NOT recommend this to anyone. I've always been a loyal Behr customer so when this product was made available I didn't even shop for other options.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Comments

Laconia, New Hampshire, United States #826186

Hundreds of similar complaints on the Internet. Home Depot should be ashamed of itself for selling this *** without ever testing it.

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States #822999

How did you get the deckover off? My power washer is just splintering the wood .

I used a paint scraper but there has to be an easier way to get this stuff off my deck. It didn't even last a year!

to Deb Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #823706

I'm having the same trouble!

to Deb Ossining, New York, United States #825375

I would suggest a heat paint ***.. The heat seems to remove it best with least damage to the wood.