When I moved into my house in December 2015, the deck was new but unpainted. In the spring of 2016, I hired a guy from the internet to paint my porch. He washed the deck with the wood cleaner, I picked out my paint color. I paid the man, I think was named Jim, for the materials, paint and labor. I thought his charge was reasonable and I thought 2 gallons would finish the deck. The deck was a nice color and it looked nice except did not seem to cover too well, and he said that I needed another gallon. I think each gallon was like $50. The deck looked nice when he finished.

In the spring of 2017, the paint seemed to have faded some and did not look as nice as it did one year ago but was acceptable. I bought one gallon (that is still sitting in my shed) to apply on the deck, but I could not find anyone to help me paint it, and I could not find Jim.

In the summer of 2018, my deck looks horrible. It needs completely repainted. It appears that after a hard rain, it has pulled up strips of paint. My deck looks like it hasn't been painted in 10 years. I will have to hire someone to scrap the paint off the deck, reapply the wood cleaner and whatever else needs to be done to have it completely repainted. I can't do this myself (a 66 year old lady with health problems).

I paid a lot to have a nice, painted deck and it looks horrible now. I don't know what brand of paint to trust now, since I thought this was supposed to be one of the best deck paints.

I would not recommend this paint to anyone.

Review about: Behr Deckover Deck Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Quality of paint, Buyers beware do not buy this product, Deckover sucks.

Comments

anything said in their advertising about being #1 or "the best" is just marketing at best. A bold faced lie at the worst.

Of course they are going to say they are the best in their advertising, just like every other company on earth says! But, when they are comparing their product against the "competition", they are just comparing to other cheap box store brands (Sherwin Williams included) and not against the best paints there actually are, unless they test against that brands highest priced product so they can say that they are not good buys because they are expensive. Also, Consumer Reports, although they make the claim that they do not accept any money or do any advertising of the paints they test, is lying just as bad! They don't put advertising in their magazine because the whole damn magazine is the advertisement!

The paint companies actually have to pay a "testing" fee to get their paints tested, and if their paint tests better than the others they have to pay an additional fee to get the results put in the magazine! And the highest fee paid gets the highest rating! There are some paint companies not willing to play this "game" to promote their products. They are the ones with the good products that don't have to rely on a huge scam to sell their products.

I suggest searching them out.

Benjamin Moore, Pratt & Lambert, California, even the second largest paint company in the US PPG doesn't play the game. The ONLY product line tested by CR magazine that is made by PPG is Olympic, and it flat out sucks and is basically put in the ratings to bulk out the list so it looks legit.