I applied deckover to my deck apx 4 years ago and started to notice chipping and peeling within 2 years which has continued to get worse.I have re-applied in heavy traffic areas and this year many of my deck boards are rotted around the screw holes and the cut ends.
My contractor is convinced that this product is causing the rotting due to the product not allowing the wood to dry out.When I first applied the product, I was very satisfied but now to think of all the time and effort involved and the cost plus the replacement cost of the rotted boards, I just don't know how I'm going to afford to replace the deck and I want to get the product off before it creates more damage
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- replacement cost of rotted deck boards and refund of product plus labor
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Behr Deckover Deck Paint
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "One year ago I used Behr Deck paint to finish off my deck, and this is what it looks one year later. Very disappointing. ..."
- "My deck surrounds my entire home and this is what I have to look at after using this paint. I feel totally sick. This paint cost us a lot of..."
- "we took the advice of the paint salesman at Home Depot and bought this product last year for our 12 by 40 ft. Deck. We did all the steps recommended..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."