I applied deckover to my deck apx 4 years ago and started to notice chipping and peeling within 2 years which has continued to get worse.I have re-applied in heavy traffic areas and this year many of my deck boards are rotted around the screw holes and the cut ends.
My contractor is convinced that this product is causing the rotting due to the product not allowing the wood to dry out.When I first applied the product, I was very satisfied but now to think of all the time and effort involved and the cost plus the replacement cost of the rotted boards, I just don't know how I'm going to afford to replace the deck and I want to get the product off before it creates more damage
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- replacement cost of rotted deck boards and refund of product plus labor
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Behr Deckover Deck Paint
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I worked so hard at prepping the wood and 3 of the 4 gallons of deck over later I LOVED the finished product. A year later I noticed the back..."
- "I cleaned the decks with cleaner waited 48 hours then swept the deck before painting. The decks were painted one coat let dry over night then 2nd coat applied, one..."
- "In July 2015 we did our deck with deck over this deck had never had any treatment on it before We did as told used all the proper products and..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."