I applied deckover to my deck apx 4 years ago and started to notice chipping and peeling within 2 years which has continued to get worse.I have re-applied in heavy traffic areas and this year many of my deck boards are rotted around the screw holes and the cut ends.
My contractor is convinced that this product is causing the rotting due to the product not allowing the wood to dry out.When I first applied the product, I was very satisfied but now to think of all the time and effort involved and the cost plus the replacement cost of the rotted boards, I just don't know how I'm going to afford to replace the deck and I want to get the product off before it creates more damage
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- replacement cost of rotted deck boards and refund of product plus labor
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Behr Deckover Deck Paint
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My contractor/painter has used "paint and prime" paint in 3 different homes after the door frames and closets were built with pine wood that had some knots in the wood(also..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "Stained my deck just under a year ago. Looked great when I was done and for the rest of the summer. Snow melted away from winter and now the stain..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "I have been buying the gronk flavor since it has shown up on shelves. Recently I bought 3 Gronk monsters and found this at the bottom of each one. I..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."