Binghamton, New York
Featured Not resolved

Last summer we used deck over on our camp deck.When we went to check it in the spring there was peeling all over the deck.

This deck has only had stain on it and not in 5-6 years. We did clean the deck, there was nothing loose left on it. It is very upsetting that we put so much work into the deck only to have it peel after one winter. Now we need to paint the whole thing again.

After we had finished the deck we spoke to my brother and he had the same experience with this paint. It appears this is not an unusual problem.

Now what do we do to cover this paint so the whole thing doesn't keep peeling.I have a few pictures of our deck that show the damage.

Review about: Behr Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Deck-over.

Had an Experience with Behr?

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #992553

It may be a bad product but even I can see your deck wood is old and smooth. How is the product supposed to adhere and stay on if the deck wood is smooth and not lightly sanded for texture so that the product can grip?

Behr - Peinture DECKOVER Béton tour de piscine écaille de partout. Behr "Au mois de mai 2015, la Cie SOS Béton, de Victoriaville a sablé et appliqué votre produit -143 sur le contour de béton de ma piscine, cette peinture s'enlève de..." Read more Behr - Worst product ever Behr "Same as everyone else spent a couple days perfecting the deck Painted with BEHR DECKOVER Lasted one summer winter came and now what a mess I have! Decks destroyed my..." Read more BEHR Deckover Behr "We were excited to use the deceiver to give color to our deck, protect the wood, prevent any splinters and give texture for walking on (as opposed to painting the..." Read more Behr Deckover is not what it claims to be!! Behr "My deck was painted with Behr Deckover paint two years ago by a professional, the application of the product was followed to the letter per the instructions. After just one..." Read more Costway - Defective Washing Machine Costway "I received the washing machine on July 7, 2017. After reading the manual, i started using it. I was able to wash 3 loads of baby clothes, which was my..." Read more Good People Good Company at Mariner Finance Mariner Finance "They are professional, courteous and polite. This company has helped me after my son passed away with no life insurance leaving behind a new home, his wife and a 14..." Read more Yelp Sucks Yelp "I went to write a review on Yelp. I was having problems so I looked for customer service and there was none. Just a list of frequently asked questions. My..." Read more A Brighter Tomorrow - Yelp Sucks A Brighter Tomorrow "I sent in a negative review about Yelp not being available to customers but being available 24-Hours a day to people who spend money on advertising money. The sales agents..." Read more