Behr - We used deck over and now it is peeling

178 of 343 Behr reviews

Last summer we used deck over on our camp deck.When we went to check it in the spring there was peeling all over the deck.

This deck has only had stain on it and not in 5-6 years. We did clean the deck, there was nothing loose left on it. It is very upsetting that we put so much work into the deck only to have it peel after one winter. Now we need to paint the whole thing again.

After we had finished the deck we spoke to my brother and he had the same experience with this paint. It appears this is not an unusual problem.

Now what do we do to cover this paint so the whole thing doesn't keep peeling.I have a few pictures of our deck that show the damage.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Deckover Paint
Review category
Building Products
review #645248

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Behr? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
178 of 343 Behr reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 08, 2015 #992553 Austin, Texas, United States

It may be a bad product but even I can see your deck wood is old and smooth. How is the product supposed to adhere and stay on if the deck wood is smooth and not lightly sanded for texture so that the product can grip?

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Behr. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Behr.
Filing a new complaint about
×