Would "NOT" suggest the Behr Deck Over product...it will not last.
We have a second home in the mountains of southern New Mexico and applied about 15 gallons of the Behr Deck Over product in Desert Sand color. After 1 year the coating started peeling off the deck and rails, Now we are 2 years and the product is peeling much worse and we view using this product as a total waste of money. The product looks great once applied, but over time, the product cannot hold up to the normal weather conditions. There have been numerous complaints and we are now in that same situation. We paid an average of $155 per 5-gallon bucket and spent over $450.00 for our project. The product was applied exactly as the directions stated.
I would highly suggest to stay away from this product, as the longevity is not worth the expense or the time or do the deck or outside deck rails. I don't have any confidence in the Behr product and because of the related problems with the Deck Over product we will NOT be using any Behr paint products in the future. The Deck Over product is very over rated and complaints are slowly being filed and more consumers are showing their lack of confidence with the Deck Over product.
Buying the Deck Over is a waste of time and money, do not buy.
Las Cruces, NM 88011
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product does not hold up to weather
- Very poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Behr Deck Over
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I worked so hard at prepping the wood and 3 of the 4 gallons of deck over later I LOVED the finished product. A year later I noticed the back..."
- "In July 2015 we did our deck with deck over this deck had never had any treatment on it before We did as told used all the proper products and..."
- "My contractor/painter has used "paint and prime" paint in 3 different homes after the door frames and closets were built with pine wood that had some knots in the wood(also..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "Century link has there box on my property and it looks like a hazard! I seen two century link employees come out and then left they left box open with..."
- "I bought a beautiful ring from the LeVian collection last December. We bought it from Kay's jewelers in Springfield, Missouri. Since then two different chocolate diamonds, and one white diamond..."